Dr. Vincent Campo
Dr. Vincent Campo’s approach to chiropractic care is unique. Dr. Campo honours his patients' needs in the highest manner by combining his knowledge of his techniques and using a series of tests to prioritize what technique to use and which area(s) of the patient's body requires treatment. Each session is individual to the patient and each session is guided by information from the patient’s body.
Dr. Campo graduated from the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College in 1983. He has been in practice in Weston since graduation. During this time he has had a good degree of success and has treated people for a large range of conditions including everyday sprains and strains, work related injuries, sports injuries, motor vehicle accident injuries as well as individuals interested in maximizing their body potential. Dr. Campo is well versed in 10 different techniques which he learned by taking several seminars every year. See below for a detailed list of these techniques.
Dr. Campo is also accepted as a service provider for the National Sport Center-Toronto (NSC-T). The NSC-T is an organization that provides health coverage for Canada's top amateur athletes. Through the NSC-T, he has treated some of Canada's top Olympic athletes. To be accepted by this organization one must demonstrate a high degree of clinical competence in rehabilitating injured athletes.
Dr. Campo is active in his community as coach or trainer to many football, soccer and ball hockey teams. He also participates in community service events such as the Starlight Children’s Foundation Walkathon. He lives in Mississauga with his wife and two children.
Dr. Campo’s Chiropractic techniques include:
1. Network Spinal Analysis (NSA): This is a method of analyzing the spine combining 12 different Chiropractic techniques. NSA is the only known approach specifically aimed at teaching the body how to access its own healing strategies. Individuals under Network Care report: Improved physical and emotional well being, greater capacity to cope with stress, and improved life style (reduction or elimination for drugs, being more dietary conscience and exercising more).
2. Bio Energetic Synchronization Technique (B.E.S.T.): This is a method to synchronize the energy of the conscious and subconscious mind to remove "interference" that causes pain, discomfort and illness. It is a non-forceful, energy-balancing, hands-on procedure used to help reestablish the healing potential of the body. Certified B.E.S.T. Practitioner since September 2013.
3. Koren Specific Technique (KST): KST is a healing protocol used to locate and correct/release areas of blockage, distortion, subluxation, interference, stagnation and other stresses in the body and mind. KST is used to improve body function, promote natural healing and release physical and emotional stresses.
4. Applied Kinesiology: An interdisciplinary approach to health care which utilizes functional assessment measures such as posture and gait analysis, neurologic evaluation through muscle testing, range of motion, static palpitation and motion analysis.
5. Active Release Technique: A soft tissue therapy technique that effectively releases myofascial tension and resets the involved muscle to normal function. This technique is also very effective in releasing peripheral nerve entrapments.
6. Diversified: A system of analyzing the spine via motion palpation and adjusting spinal fixations.
7. Activator Methods: A gentle and effective manner of adjusting the spine utilizing a manually held instrument.
8. Torque Release Technique: A gentle and effective technique that utilizes a manually held instrument. This technique concentrates on working on the areas in the spine of dural attachments.
9. Craniopathy: A gentle technique utilized to restore cranial motion. This technique is very effective in relieving certain types of headaches, facial pain and temporal mandibular joint (TMJ) problems. I have also personally found it effective in improving athletic performance (only 4 to 5% of chiropractors perform this work).
10. Tensegrity Therapy: Is a process of detecting and releasing the deep, underlying restrictions, which may be associated with traumatic injuries or scar tissue.